COVID-19 Policy/Procedures Update
Dear Patients of Marysville Vision Source,
Great news! As of Monday, May 4th, we are now able to carefully open our clinic to urgent cases. Our normal clinic hours apply, so please call us and we will help schedule you and answer any questions.
The CDC and Washington State Department of Health are updating safety protocols every day and we are following them throughout the clinic to keep Everyone safe. Some of the more notable changes are listed here:
- Please reschedule if you have any of the COVID19 symptoms. The current list includes fever, cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, and new loss of taste or smell.
- Please check in from your car. Text or call us from your virtual waiting room. Our front doors will be locked, someone will come get you when your sanitized room is ready.
- Please bring your own masks. There is a national shortage of PPE (personal protective equipment) so we will not be able to provide you with one. Masks are required at all times inside the clinic.
- No extra people in the clinic. If you bring someone with you, they must stay in the car unless they are providing a service (ex: caregiver, interpreter, social worker)
- Optomap retinal imaging will be maximally recommended over dilation. It has always been a better view of the retina, better for tracking changes, and is safer during this pandemic by reducing everyone’s person-to-person contact time.
- Every touch surface will be cleaned after every patient encounter.
- The staff will guide you through the clinic safely and gently remind you if there are safety concerns.
Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to serving all of you in a safe and efficient manner. Please forgive us if we all seem a little less chatty than usual. Keeping everyone safe and healthy while providing the highest quality eyecare is our primary goal during these challenging times. We look forward to serving you with our smiling, but masked, faces!